What you can do
Depending on your user role, you can:
- Create invoices using the plus icon , or from the Dashboard, the Sales screen, or when you're in your contacts� details.
- Create invoices for multiple contacts at once.
- If you�re using multi-currency, create invoices in other currencies.
- Save invoices as drafts or submit them for approval.
- Approve new invoices and send them to your customers.
Create a sales invoice
- Click the plus icon and select Invoice.
- Enter the invoice details.
- (Optional) Attach files to your invoice. Remember to click the option icon and select Include with invoice for each file you're sending to the customer.
- Add the items you're invoicing your customer for.
- (Optional) Code items to different accounts. For example, code one item to your sales account and others to different revenue accounts.
- If you want to change the VAT amount:
- In the Amounts are field, select Tax Exclusive.
- Click the plus icon in the Tax Rate column to show the Tax Amount column.
- Enter the new amount.
- Save the invoice, send it for approval, or approve it yourself.
(Optional) Click Allocate and assign customer credit to the invoice.You can only allocate credit if the customer has approved, unallocated credit notes (Awaiting Payment).
- (Optional) Click Add Note to enter additional information for the invoice.